Mental Health First Aid (Adult)
The 2 day Adult CPD Accredited MHFA Two Day course will qualify you staff as a Mental Health First Aider. This is a formal qualification and you will receive a certificate of completion once you have completed the full 2 days. Day 1 will take place on the 14/11/2018 from 9am-5pm and Day 2 will take place on 15/11/2018 from 9am-5pm. You have to complete the full 2 days to receive your qualification. No refunds will be paid, however, if you notify us within 21 days of the course, we will book you into another 2 day event.
What is Mental Health First Aid?
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is an internationally recognised training course which teaches people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis. MHFA won’t teach you to be a therapist, but just like physical rst aid, it will teach you to listen, reassure and respond, even in a crisis. Adult MHFA courses are for everyone aged 16 upwards. Every MHFA course is delivered by a quality assured instructor who has a ended our Instructor Training programme accredited by the Royal Society for Public Health, and is trained to keep people safe and supported while they learn.
What will I learn?
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can a ect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
How will attending an MHFA course help?
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
To learn more or book onto an Adult MHFA Two Day course: Email us: email@example.com Visit our website: www.itsaplayground.org Give Laura a call or text: 07555770186 For full details of what the couse entails, please visit the website (below).https://mhfaengland.org/individuals/adult/2-day/